Patrick Griffin, having perfected his craft at Pigotts & Co. workshop in Dublin moved to Cork in the mid 1940's.
He practiced his profession throughout the Munster area in constant demand from schools, convents and professional pianists for his tuning and technical expertise.
In response to numerous requests, Patrick Griffin began to supply quality pianos. It was then a natural progression to establish Griffin Pianos Ltd, where he continued to ply his trade until his sad death. Griffin Pianos is a monumental testimony to his life's work.
William trained and worked side by side with his father Patrick since the age of 16. It was not long before William's technical ability began to show. In the years that William has managed Griffin Pianos, it has grown to become the premier piano company of today. Griffin Pianos supply pianos to hundreds of educational and artistic establishments throughout the country, including University College Cork, Waterford Institute of Technology, Kilkenny School of Music, Wexford School of Music, Cork School of Music, Mean Cheoil an Clar, Ionad Cultúrtha Ballyvourney and many many more.